AJAX Client-Server Communication Tutorials
- Alternate Ajax Techniques, Part 1 – This tutorial tackles other Ajax techniques aside from XMLHttp as the means to describe the client-server communication.
- Dynamic HTML and XML: The XMLHttpRequest Object – This tutorial tackles the steps of retrieving and submitting XML data directly through XMLHttpRequest object in the background.
- Guide to Using XMLHttpRequest – This tutorial provides the steps in using XMLHttpRequest with php and nysql.
- Instant Tutorial – This tutorial shows how Ajax allows you to make a call to an http server get its content and load them into your existing page without having to refresh the whole page.
- Advanced Requests and Response in AJAXR – This tutorial will show you the different status codes and demonstrate how browsers handle each and showcase the lesser used HTTP requests that you can make with Ajax.
AJAX Drag and Drop Tutorials
- Building a Drag & Drop Shopping Cart with Ajax – This tutorial shows how to create an interactive shopping experience allowing us to add items to the shopping basket by dragging and dropping them into an icon of a shopping cart.
AJAX Form Tutorials
- Submit a Form with Ajax – This tutorial deals with the new release of CakePHP (RC2) that comes with a completely written AjaxHelper::form() function.
AJAX File Uploader Tutorial
- Better File Uploads with AJAX and JavaServer Faces – This tutorial takes a fresh approach and outlines the steps on how to implement an AJAX-powered component that will not only upload the file to the server, but also monitor the actual progress of a file upload request in real time.
AJAX Framework and Toolkit Tutorials
- AJAX Tutorial with Prototype – This tutorial outlines the steps in building a zip code verifier as an example of how to use AJAX.
- Developer Notes for Prototype.js – This tutorial tackles some important points in using Prototype.js.
AJAX Getting Started Tutorial
- AJAX:Getting Started – This tutorial guides you through the basics of AJAX and gives two simple hands-on examples to get you started.
AJAX Keyword Suggest Tutorial
- How To Create Google Suggest Feature with ASP.NET 2.0 – This tutorial tackles the steps in creating the Google Suggest feature in the website or blog.
AJAX Live Search Tutorials
- HOWTO: Animated Live Search/Ordered List – This tutorial covers important aspects of the animated live search and ordered list.
- Live Search Explained – This tutorial will tackle everything about Live Search, which will gradually replace traditional search in web applications.
AJAX Rounded Corners Tutorial
- Rico Rounded Corners without All of Rico – This tutorial have made minimal changes to Rico’s rounded corner implementation resulting to its use without needing all of Rico.
AJAX Sorting Tutorial
- Make all Your Tables Sortable – This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide at how to make all your tables sortable.
AJAX Tabbed Pages Tutorials
- Make an AJAX Website in Less Than Ten Minutes – This tutorial provide the steps in using AJAX apps and XMLHttpRequest and put up a site that loads all of its content asynchronously.
AJAX Bookmarklets Tutorial
AJAX Chat Tutorials
- AJAX Chat Sources Code for Download – This provides the source for the Ajax Chat sources code for download.
- Lace – Ajax Chat – This tutorial tackles everything about Lace. This lightweight Ajaxian communications engine is suitable for shoutbox, chatroom or similar version.
- Most Simple Ajax Chat Ever – This is a demo of the very easy to use Ajax Chat.
AJAX Client-Server Communications Tutorials
- Implementing Simple AJAX Interaction in your Web Application – This tutorial tackles the implementation of simple Ajax Interaction in the Web application using XMLHttpRequest object.
- All Request, All The Time – This tutorials builds a simple application that accepts input from the user, passes it to some PHP on the server that checksit against a database and returns the result to the browser.
AJAX Drag & Drop Tutorial
- Drag & Drop Tutorial (with video) – This tutorial shows how AJAX allows to get closer to the cart Metaphor by enabling the drag-and-drop interactions and giving immediate visual feedback, without leaving the shop.
AJAX Dynamically Content Loading Tutorials
- Dynamically Loaded Articles – This tutorial features a basic example showing how to use AJAX to request the content of the article from an external file and show it in the main DIV.
- AJAX – Dynamic Content – This tutorial shows you how this small generic script makes it easy for you to load content of external files into HTML elements on your page.
AJAX Forms and Autocomplete Tutorials
- Scriptaculous Lists with PHP – This tutorial tackles the drag & drop ffects most notably the sortables which are much nicer than the standard listbox with up and down arrows that we see in most applications today.
- Alter Data with Ajax Forms – This tutorial shows how a registered user can ask a new question while another user answers and existing one.
- Dynamic Client Lookup – This tutorial shows how this script uses AJAX to autofill a form.
AJAX Framework and Toolkit Tutorials
- New Echo2 Tutorial Series – This is part 1 of a multi-part tutorial series on Ajax with Echo2 and Eclipse.
- AJAX Design Patterns – This tutorial shows how to design and build a complete site.
- Using Dojo and JSON to Build Ajax Applications – This tutorial will show how to build Ajax-enabled applications using Dojo and JSON.
AJAX General Tutorials
- Saving Session Across Page Loads Without Cookies: On the Client Side –This is a tutorial that tackles the saving state across page loads on the client side.
- AjaxWorld Special: What is AJAX? – This tutorial presents step by step technique in learning about AJAX and ColdFusion.
- AJAX Using ASP.NET 1.1 – This tutorial tackles the basics of AJAX and goes into some sample code to try its applications.
- Kick-Start Your Java Apps, Part 2 – This tutorial provides the technique in the development of a small human-resource application by using conventional JavaServer Pages – based technology and by migrating it to a highly interactive solution using AJAX.
- Create Your Own AJAX Effects – This tutorial teaches us how to start building our own Ajax-driven effects today.
AJAX Getting Started Tutorials
- A List Apart-Articles: Getting Started – This is a comprehensive tutorial that tackles the fundamentals for starting on using AJAX.
- Introduction to AJAX – This tutorial tackles the basics but also goes beyond to cover other different technologies.
- AJAX Toolbox/XMLHttpRequest AjaxRequest Library Examples – This tutorial has a rich collection of great examples.
- Rasmus’ 30-Second AJAX Tutorial – This is a tutorial on AJAX made easy.
- An AJAX Hello World Project for Starters – This tutorial provides you with the essential to build a thorough understanding of the mechanics.
AJAX Sorting Tutorial
- Sortable: Make All Your Tables Sortable – This tutorial guides you through the steps in making all your tables sortable.
Useful AJAX Tutorials
- Creation of an AJAX-Powered Shopping Cart – NETTUTS has created a tutorial that shows the way to built an Ajax-powered shopping cart using, jQuery, PHP and some plug-ins.
- AJAX Username Availability Checker Through MooTools 1.2 – This tutorial shows how to use AJAX with MooTools to let user check the availability of the username being submitted.
- Introduction to AJAX Calls Using jQuery and PHP – This is a tutorial is a good starting point for those who are not familiar with the use of AJAX calls with jQuery and PHP.
- Creating a Dynamic Poll with PHP and jQuery – This tutorial provides the step to create a poll with XHTML, PHP and jQuery. Ajax effects are used to eliminate the need for a page refresh when the poll is submitted.
- Building Your First AJAX Application with PHP – This is a tutorial for beginners that show the ways in getting started with PHP.
- Taking AJAX Further with PHP – This is a follow-up tutorial to the preceding Ajax Tutorial.
- One Form-Many Uses – Server Side jQuery with Jaxer – This tutorial shows how AJAX can help to get more use out of one form rather than create multiple forms.
- How to Call Server-Side Function from Client-Side Using PageMethods in ASP.NET AJAX – This tutorial shows a workaround for calling server-side function from the client side.
- Developing Portlets Using AJAX, JSF and Seam, Part 1, 2, and 3 – This is a 3-part tutorial that shows the in-depth way in creating portals.
- AJAX Forms with jQuery – This tutorial shows the way to create a form that will check an email address for validity, makes sure that there are no blank fields and shows an error report if something is not right of incomplete.
- Easily Build Powerful Client-Side AJAX Paging Using jQuery – This is an important tutorial in improving pagination with AJAX.
- Use jQuery and ASP.NET AJAX to Build a Client-Side Repeater – This tutorial outlines how to improve user-experience and reduce server load by using client-side repeater.
- PHP Components: Autosuggest – This tutorial shows how you can add an autosuggest feature to search box using PHP and AJAX.
- AutoCompleter Tutorial – This tutorial also produces the same result as the preceding tutorial.
- Dynamic AJAX Table Example Using Dojo and RESTful Web Services on Glassfish – This tutorial provides the entire process of creating a dynamic table as you would see on a travel-booking website.
- Auto-Populating Select Boxes Using jQuery and AJAX – This tutorials shows how users will select a top-level category in a select box that will trigger the sub-category box to auto-populate.
- Using AJAX to Validate Forms – This tutorial shows how to use PHP and jQuery with some AJAX to create a form that validates data that are entered.
- Easy AJAX with jQuery – This tutorial outlines some basic information on jQuery and AJAX which will help you get started.
- Quick and Dirty AJAX – This is a short video-tutorial that shows some of the ways to improve the functionality of a Website with AJAX and jQuery.
- Load Content While Scrolling with jQuery – This tutorial shows how to create a scrolling effect which is similar to DZone’s.
- Wicket – Updating ListViews Using an AjaxLink – This tutorial shows how to create a table that will update without a full-page refresh when a link is clicked.
- AJAX For Evil: Spyjax – This tutorial provide a view of the dark side of Ajax- viewing browsing habits.
- How To Integrate Google Calendar in Website Using AJAX – This tutorials shows how to integrate a Google Calendar which have great use in a number of Websites.
- Creating an AJAX Rating Widget – This tutorial shows how to create a rating widget that allows visitors to rate an item with stars or some other measurement.
- Use AJAX and PHP to Build Your Mailing List – This tutorial shows the steps to allow visitors to subscribe to a mailing list without the page refresh.
- Nice AJAX Effects for Message Box Using MooTools – This tutorial shows how to use Ajax effects to give visitors a message based on some action.
- Making AJAX Work with Screen Readers – This tutorial shows how AJAX effects can affect users of screen readers.
- Continuous Pagination – This is another tutorial on pagination which shows continuous pagination where users keeps scrolling down rather than going to another page.
- ASP.NET AJAX Calendar Extender – This tutorial show seven different tricks and tips in working with the Calendar extender.
- Log-In/Sign-Up Screen Using AJAX modal Pop-Up Extender – This tutorial shows how to create a sign-in and log-in forms.
- Dealing with Large Data in AJAX – This tutorial shows how to get the AJAX application to meet the data requirements.
- Creating an AJAX-Enabled Calendar Control – This is another tutorial that focuses on enhancing calendar using AJAX effects.
- qooxdoo – This is an innovative Ajax application framework that includes a platform-independent tool chain, a state-of-the-art GUI toolkit and an advanced client-server communication layer.
- TIBET – This is the oldest Ajax project and the Clint/SOA using AJAX, JSON and the virtual machine you call a Web browser as the driving force behind it.
- libXmlRequest – This is a very simple wrapper around XHR. This library contains two public request functions, getXml and postXml, that can be used to send synchronous and asynchronous XML Http requests from IE and Mozilla.
- SACK – it is a simple set of codes that allow you to put AJAX into your webpages with none of the trouble or overhead of other packages.
- Sarissa – It is an ECMAScript library acting as a cross-browser wrapper for native XML APIs.
- CPAINT – It is a multi-language toolkit that helps developers in designing and implementing AJAX web applications with flexibility and ease.
- Swato – This is an open-source framework that helps you to develop webapps easier.
- Java BluePrints – This is Sun Microsystems’ best practices for Enterprise Java development.
- Ruby on Rails – It is a full-stack framework used for developing database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Control pattern.
- AJAX.NET Professional – It is one of the first AJAX frameworks available for Microsoft ASP.NET and works with .NET 1.1 and 2.0.
- Code Snippets – It is a public source code repository which enables you to easily build up your personal collection of code snippets, categorize those using tags and share them with the world.
- DHTMLgoodies.com – It is a library of DHTML and AJAX scripts.
- DHTML Kitchen – It is the resource for ready-made or custom-built DHTML scripts and it also specializes in front-end Java solutions and JSP.
- DynAPI 3 – It is an open source project by Dan Steinman which was created to make cross-browser Dynamic HTML possible.
- Engine for Web Applications – It is an application network for client-side development and Web applications.
- FACE – It provides a great way to bring life and interactivity to websites without having to use Flash. It is completely accessible with easy plug-and-play implementation.
- Kabuki AJAX Toolkit – It is a client developer library which is similar in style to traditional object-oriented widget libraries.
- LINB, Lazy INternet and Browser – It is designed to allow developers coding in a more targetable, clear and efficient way.
- moo.ajax – It is a simple Ajax class to be used with prototype.lite from moo.fx.
- overlibmws DHTML Popup Library – It is a Download and Test directory for the overlibmws Popup Library.
- Zapatec Ajax Suite – It is used to jumpstart the Ajax deployment. It includes six widgets, three modules and a library.
- Zephyr – it is an Ajax-based framework for php5 developers, where you can easily develop business applications using this robust framework.
- Backbase – It is an enterprise Ajax framework
- Clean AJAX – It is an open-source engine for AJAX that provides a high level of interface to work with the AJAX technology
- Wt – It is web toolkit that allows programmers to write code in C++, generating content-rich AJAX GUI.
- Google Web Toolkit – it is an open-source Java software development framework that allows web developers to create Ajax applications in Java.
- ThinWire – It is an open-source java based web application framework that utilizes Ajax techniques to give Web applications the lookand feel of traditional GUI applications.
- Tigermouse – It is a modern Ajax-driven MVC framework for web applications development.
- AjaxAnywhere – It is a simple way to enhance an existing JSP/Struts/JSF/Spring application with AJAX.
- AjaxTags Components of Java Web Parts – It was originally an extended version of the Struts HTML taglib but was made into a generic taglib and brought under the Java Web parts library.
- Anaa, An AJAX API – it is a simple but complete framework built around XMLHttpRequest. It supports GET and POST methods.
- DotNetRemoting Rich Web Client SDK for ASP.NET – It is a platform for developing rich internet applications, including AJAX.
- JsHttpRequest – It is excellent cross-browser compatibility and works with IE 5.0 with disabled ActiveX. It supports and transparent work with any character encoding including AJAX file uploads from a user browser to the serer without page reloading.
- SmartClient from Isomorphic Software – It is a cross-platform AJAX GUI system chosen by top commercial software vendors, on demand service providers and enterprise IT developers for thousands of deployments.