Latest Version: 2.00
Updated on: 2015/05/29
Immerse your visitors in a breathtaking Beach Holiday theme.
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
The following is an example of a custom design of the Beach Holiday theme.
- Free forum support at Beach Holiday forum
- Nice graphics in the header and footer
- Best viewed with a resolution of 1280px. Viewed with 1600px resolution is also nice
- User-friendly Options page
- Drop-Down Menu
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
The Beach Holiday theme has a multi-level drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation when you create hierarchical pages.
There is a featured content section below the header link. This feature is built in using the Featured Content Gallery (FCG) plugin. Please download the latest version and follow the instruction found in “Readme.txt” to do the setup.
If you do not want to show this feature, just don’t install the plugin.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Time News Roman font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/default/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Beach Holiday theme under “Appearance -> Beach Holiday”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “default.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 200px.
The followings are a few examples of nice modification of this theme from other users. You can view all the nice design in the forum theme showcase.
2008-09-20 V1.00 – Release
2008-11-04 V1.01 – Fixed several bugs like reversed page menu order and image overlapping problem.
2008-12-21 V1.10 – Comment section support paging and threading (WordPress 2.7 feature)
- Exclude the pages in menu if you set it in widgets.
2009-07-14 – Theme is compatible with WP 2.8
2010-04-25 – V2.00 – Added drop-down menu, ad-widget, Options page that includes Twitter and feed integration, advanced automatic thumbnails, custom style and more.