Latest Version: 3.00
Updated on: 2015/05/31
I have been asked by a few of my theme users to create a theme for food lovers. The Coffee Desk theme is just ideal to turn into a cookbook. So jot down the recipe you found on TV and make a perfect meal of your own.
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
Step 1 Go to the theme Options page in WP admin => Appearance => Coffee Desk
Step 2 Under “Theme Style”, select “cookbook.css” and save the page.
The following is an example of a custom design of the Coffee Desk theme.
– User-friendly Options page
– Custom menu
– Automatic Thumbnails
– Different design for sticky post feature
– Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
– W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
– SEO ready
– Gravatar enable
If you wish to translate this theme into your own language, you can do so with the use of the Poedit program. To find out how this works, please refer to this comprehensive guide.
When you have completed the localization, kindly send me the translated files so I can share your work (with your credit) with other users.
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
The Coffee Desk theme has a multi-level drop-down menu that is using the latest function in WP 3.0. There are two ways to create the drop-down menu.
1) When you create hierarchical pages, the drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation.
2) You can manually define the header links using the custom menu. To do it, first, click on the “Menus” link found under the “Appearance” tab in WP admin. Then follow the instruction on the page to add your custom menu. This feature only works with WP 3+.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Time News Roman font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
– Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I use)
– Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
– Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
– Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
– Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/cookbook/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
– Login to your WP admin
– Go to the options page of the Coffee Desk theme under “Appearance -> Coffee Desk”
– Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
– In the pull-down menu, select “cookbook.css”
– Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to the sidebars. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 160px.
2011-03-31 – Released