Latest Version: 1.01
Updated on: 2015/05/11
One of my popular themes, Photo Frame allows you to customize the photos in the middle frame. This time, I made a similar theme where you are not placing your photo in the standard frame. Instead, your photos/portraits are positioned inside an open torn paper with some depth.
I used grey as the main color to make the photo stand out in this theme. Hope you like the Rustic Portrait theme
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
Blog Title and Description
By default, the blog title and description are using the Arial font. You can change the font style by following this instruction:
- Open “header.php”
- Remove this code
<<?php echo $tmp;?> id="blogtitle"><a href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></<?php echo $tmp;?>> <div id="subtitle"><?php bloginfo('description');?></div>
- Save the file and upload to your server
- Download this PSD zip file (including the font that I use, which is available free from dafont.com.)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop program
- Add the title and description using your desired font
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.gif
- upload the image to your server in the /images folder to replace the old one
When you refresh the page, you’ll see different photos being displayed. Those images can be customized by following the instruction below:
1. Resize your images to W320 x H280 px.
2. Upload your images into the /custom/ folder.
There are a few images currently in the folder. You can delete and upload your own one.
3. Only *.jpg and *.gif format are accepted.
4. The filenames should not contain “space”.
5. The uploaded images will show up in the hole.
6. If you upload more than 1 image, one of the images will show up in the hole randomly.
The followings are a few examples of nice modification of this theme from other users. You can view all the nice design in the forum theme showcase.
2009-03-19 v1.00 – Release
2009-05-11 v1.01 – Fix Tag Cloud widget display problem
2009-07-14 – Theme is compatible with WP 2.8