Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Change Only One Menu Color 

Is there anyway you can change only one menu color? Under my header section I am using:
<? echo menu_separator(wp_list_pages('echo=0&sort_column=menu_order&depth=1&title_li=&include=6,8,10,12,14,21,23')); ?>

I want pages/menu for 6,8,10,12,14,21 all one color and page/menu 23 a different.

Thanks! I have used your template twice and LOVE it!

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 am

Please follow the steps below to make the change:
1) Go to your website and view the source code. If you browse your site in Chrome and Firefox, press "Ctrl + U" in keyboard to view source. If you browse in IE, select "View" in the browser's tab and click on "Source" in the drop menu.

2) In the source code page, find the page link in which you want to change the color. Take the Maple Leaf demo page for example, the code for the "Page 2" link is:
<li class="page_item page-item-12"><a href="http://demo.templatelite.com/page-2/" title="Page 2">Page 2</a></li>

3) Identify the class element of the link. In this particular case, "page-item-12"

4) Open style.css and add the following color code to "page-item-12"
.page-item-12 a {
color: #123456;
}

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am

It didn't quite work so I put the code under the menu id as seen below and it worked. THANKS SO MUCH for the help. I could not figure this out on my own and was very frustrated. You are AWESOME!

#menu li.page-item-23 a {
color: #ff0000;
}

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

Go to your website and view the source code. If you browse your site in Chrome and Firefox, press "Ctrl + U" in keyboard to view source. If you browse in IE, select "View" in the browser's tab and click on "Source" in the drop menu.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]