Beach Holiday (Russia)

Posted by on Apr 29, 2010 in Free Themes | 5 comments

Latest Version: 2.00
Updated on: 2015/05/29

Russian women are family-oriented and prefer their men to be the head of the households. However, they are far from submissive. They are intelligent; usually, well-educated and are not afraid to speak their mind. That is part of the reasons why men like to date or marry them.

This is a custom design originally created for a Russian dating blog.

Beach Holiday Russia WordPress Theme
Click on the “Free Download” link above to get the theme now!
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
To activate the Russian style of the Beach Holiday theme, follow 2 simple steps below:
Step 1 Go to the theme Options page in WP admin => Appearance => Beach Holiday
Step 2 Under “Theme Style”, select “russia.css” and save the page.

Add to Cart
Gain access to the fully layered Photoshop file for quick and easy tweakage. PSD files included for both the main and the sub themes.
Add to CartAd-Free Package
Removing the credit links will make the theme to not function properly. Unencrypted main and sub theme files can be purchased at $20.
Theme Customization
Do you want to customize this theme to include images that suit your blog's topic? I can help you with the graphical customization. For more details, please visit the theme customization service page.

The following is an example of a custom design of the Beach Holiday theme.

Main Features
– User-friendly Options page
– Drop-Down Menu
– Automatic Thumbnails
– Different design for sticky post feature
– Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
– W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
– SEO ready
– Gravatar enable

Automatic Thumbnails
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.

Drop-down Menu
The Beach Holiday theme has a multi-level drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation when you create hierarchical pages.

This is another feature that will be added to all my future themes.

Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:

By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.

You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
– Download this PSD zip file
– Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
– Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
– Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
– Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/russia” folder

Part 2: Activating the Style
– Login to your WP admin
– Go to the options page of the Beach Holiday theme under “Appearance -> Beach Holiday”
– Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
– In the pull-down menu, select “russia.css”
– Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.

Ad Widget
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 200px.

View all my themes

Change log
2010-04-29 – Release

5 Comments

1. First off – I have to say I absolutely love this theme!!! I am a beach lover and am planning to use it for my personal blog site.

Question: I have no problem leaving the credit links in tact, however, I would prefer to see them open in a new window. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

• @Sally, glad to see you like the theme!

I added target=”_blank” to the credit links of this theme so when click, it’ll open a new window. I’ll progressively update all my other themes with this code also.

2. Если Россия – значит кремль и красавицы 🙂

3. Brian,
    You are amazing — I have the beach holiday on two of my sites, notebook is on one, wooden fence is on one — I will definitely be using others for my other sites. i have 15 sites total and once i found your site — i began changing my themes.

Again, thank you so much for sharing.

4. I also love this theme but I am having some CSS compatibility issues with some of my plugins.

I also wish there were a few more bells and whistles but overall I am pretty happy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Experience ThemeMask

View a mask:

Get the masks now!

Theme runs on
Elegantthemes Chameleon