Latest Version: 2.00
Added on: 2010/04/15
The Sunset Farm theme marks my 30th WordPress theme!
Time flies. I have been consistently designing WordPress themes for more than a year now. This time I have implemented some new ideas.
The first idea is to release this theme with options page where you can insert your Twitter username, feed URL, Google Analytics code etc. You can also perform more customization like defining your own header image and font style. I will show you how they work below.
The second idea is to make this theme available free with conditions. Read on and find out how you can get it free below.
- Free forum support at Sunset Farm forum
- Options page to insert Twitter, feed URL, Analytics etc.
- Drop-down menu
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
Options Page Features
Please go to the theme Options page article for full details.
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Times New Roman font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I use that is available free from fonts4free.net.)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/custom/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Sunset Farm theme under “Appearance -> Sunset Farm”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “custom.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1 and/or 2. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 160px.
If you like the Sunset Farm and it’s child theme (Cruise), you can get both of them by either one of the options below:
Option 1 – FREE
Just for PR 4+ blog. If your blog is below PR 4, please choose other options.
Step 1Subscribe to my RSS feed
Step 2 Tweet This message to your followers! (Optional)
Step 3 Blog about Templatelite with more than 300 words and send me the post location. in the blog post, please link to http://www.templatelite.com/ using this keyword “WordPress templates”
PSD file: Not Included
Purchase this theme at $20 without PSD file.
Click on the button to open a payment window.
Instant access after payment.
In whichever options you choose above, the theme files contain no advertiser’s links.
You are allowed to use the themes on as many websites as you want but you are NOT allowed to redistribute or resell it.
2009-12-10 v1.00 – Release
2010-04-15 v2.00 – Added automatic thumbnails feature. Fixed pixel shift in the sidebar.