Latest Version: 1.01
Updated on: 2015/05/26
The graphic design of the Wooden Fence theme is one of the first design when I started creating the WordPress themes 7 months ago. At that time, I hadn’t had sufficient skill to transform it into a WordPress theme because I had problem matching the wooden fence seamlessly on all major browsers.
When I look back on this design 2 weeks ago, I found out it isn’t as hard to code as I thought few months ago. Then I get down to finishing it and here it comes
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
The following is an example of a custom design of this theme.
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Upload your own 3 photo frame images
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
- Due to the design constraint, this theme have no page menu. Instead, the page link can be found in the sidebar.
- You can download the PSD zip file below to customize the 3 header images with your own pictures. The PSD file also allows you to change your blog title and tagline.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I use that is available free from fontstock.net.)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop program
- Add the title and description using your desired font
- Save the image using this name: bg_header_new.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the /images folder
The followings are a few examples of nice modification of this theme from other users. You can view all the nice design in the forum theme showcase.
2009-05-06 v1.00 – Release
2009-07-14 – Theme is compatible with WP 2.8
2009-11-25 v1.01 – Remove extra spacing for page > 1 if permalink is using the default structure