To add a new theme to your WordPress, follow these basic steps:
- Download the zip file and extract the files it contains. The extracted files are grouped in one folder. The name of the folder is the theme name. Take the Coffee Desk theme for example, the folder name of the theme is “coffeedesk”
- Download and install WordPress to your server by following the instruction at http://wordpress.org/download/
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to the “wp-content” folder and create a sub-folder called “themes” and the structure will look like this: /wp-content/themes/
- Upload the theme folder to “themes” on your host server. Again, taking the Coffee Desk theme for example, after uploaded, the structure will become like this:
- Login to WordPress admin, select Appearance -> Themes.
- Click on the theme you would like to activate. On the top right side of the theme, click Activate + “Theme”
- You are done. Enjoy the new look of your blog!
Please contact us if you encounter problems with our themes and we’ll be glad to resolve the issues.