Latest Version: 3.0
Updated on: 2011/03/31
Here it goes. The Coffee Desk, my newest theme that I am very proud of
I should have released it last week but I got stuck in making the theme compatible with ALL major browsers. I have tried many ways in HTML and CSS but just couldn’t make it display well in major browsers. Finally, I am glad that I found the solutions using jQuery!
This is the first theme I created 3 months after the “Simple Style” theme. Sorry to let you all wait for so long but I will my best to release at least 2 quality themes per month. Hope you like the Coffee Desk theme and visit this site regularly for more releases in future!
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
The following is an example of a custom design of the Coffee Desk theme.
- Free forum support. visit Coffee Desk forum
- Nice background. Best viewed with a resolution of 1280px
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- Gravatar enable
Things to take note
1) Limit the number of the header links to 4 only. If you display more than 4 links, the “paper note” will overlap with the “coffee cup”.
2) Control the length of the links to within 2 lines.
Currently, the blog title is using the Arial font. You can change the font style by following this instruction:
- Open “header.php”
- Remove this code
<div id=”blogtitle”><a href=”<?php echo get_option(‘home’); ?>”><?php bloginfo(‘name’); ?></a></div>
- Save the file and upload to your server
- Open “images/bg_header.jpg” in image editing software
- Add your desired font and content to the image
- Save the image and upload to your server
If you don’t want to display the blog description, simply remove this line from “header.php”:
<div id=”subtitle”><?php bloginfo(‘description’);?></div>
Coffee Desk theme allows up to 2 lines for the post title without distorting the design.
Bottom of the Content Area
The white space size below the content area is not a constant. Sometimes you’ll see a big gap, sometimes the gap is small and fits well. This is a design constraint and is not an error.
The followings are a few examples of nice modification of this theme from other users. You can view all the nice design in the forum theme showcase.
2009-02-24 v1.00 – Release
2009-03-05 v1.01 – Fixed comment display problem in IE.
2009-07-14 – Theme is compatible with WP 2.8
2011-03-31 v3.00 – New – Added drop-down menu, ad-widget, Options page, advanced automatic thumbnails, custom style, custom menu (works on WP 3+ onwards) and enabled localization (translation).