Latest Version: 3.00
Updated on: 2014/04/04
Today marks yet another big achievement for Templatelite. We are releasing the first theme designed exclusively for Expedia!
Expedia’s strategic move to use WordPress as a branding tool is brilliant and we are proud to embark this exciting journey together with them
Who is Expedia and why are we chosen?
Expedia is one of the largest online travel network in the world. As mentioned by Expedia’s marketing manager, “Templatelite’s solid coding and creativity are what make them stand out from the rest. Their professionalism in dealing with their clients and theme users impressed us too!”
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
- Free forum support at Postage Sydney forum
- User-friendly Options page
- Drop-Down Menu
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
Custom Photo Image
Upload your images to the “photos” folder with sizes of at least 180x200px and you’ll see the images appear in the first photo paper when the page is refreshed. More info about the feature can be found here.
The following shows the three rotating images of this theme:
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
The Watercolor theme has a multi-level drop-down menu that is using the latest function in WP 3.0. There are two ways to create the drop-down menu.
1) When you create hierarchical pages, the drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation.
2) You can manually define the header links using the custom menu. To do it, first, click on the “Menus” link found under the “Appearance” tab in WP admin. Then follow the instruction on the page to add your custom menu. This feature only works with WP 3+.
There is a featured content section below the header section. This feature is built in using the Featured Content Gallery (FCG) plugin. Please download the latest version and follow the instruction found in “Readme.txt” to do the setup.
If you do not want to show this feature, just don’t install the plugin.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font for this theme)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/custom/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Postage Sydney theme under “Appearance -> Postage Sydney”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “custom.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 250px.
2010-04-14 v2.00 – Release
2010-09-09 v3.00 – New: Added custom header menu (works on WP 3+ onwards).
2014-04-04 v3.01 – Minor change