Latest Version: 2.05
Updated on: 2010/07/07
An automatic thumbnail feature has been added to the Texture Art theme and will be applied to all my future themes.
Some of you might ask. WordPress 2.9+ already had a built-in automatic thumbnails. I must admit it is a wonderful feature that is added to the WordPress core.
But to allow greater personalization, more have to be done. I have been studying the features and have built around it an extended version of the automatic thumbnails. Go to the Options page and explore this wonderful feature now!
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
The following is an example of a custom design of the Texture Art theme.
- Free forum support at Texture Art forum
- User-friendly Options page
- Drop-Down Menu
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
The Texture Art theme has a multi-level drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation when you create hierarchical pages.
This is another feature that will be added to all my future themes.
There is a featured content section below the header link. This feature is built in using the Featured Content Gallery (FCG) plugin. Please download the latest version and follow the instruction found in “Readme.txt” to do the setup.
If you do not want to show this feature, just don’t install the plugin.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I use that is available free from fonts4free.net.)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/custom/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Texture Art theme under “Appearance -> Texture Art”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “custom.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 250px.
2010-03-21 v2.00 – Released
2010-05-21 v2.05 – Added facebook and youtube icons