Latest Version: 2.00
Updated on: 2015/06/03
Vector images store the lines, shapes and colours as mathematical formulae. Thus, the images give sharper and higher resolution output as compared to the raster images that are based on pixels.
The Vector Art theme, comprising heavy use of vector graphics, is sure to give a fabulous artistic look to your blogs/sites!
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
- User-friendly Options page
- Drop-Down Menu
- Automatic Thumbnails
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
Please refer to this page for the details of how the automatic thumbnails work.
The Vector Art theme has a multi-level drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will show up automatically in the header navigation when you create hierarchical pages.
This is another feature that will be added to all my future themes.
There is a featured content section below the header link. This feature is built in using the Featured Content Gallery (FCG) plugin. Please download the latest version and follow the instruction found in “Readme.txt” to do the setup.
If you do not want to show this feature, just don’t install the plugin.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I used)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/default/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Vector Art theme under “Appearance -> Vector Art”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “default.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 250px.
2010-06-03 v2.00 – Released