Latest Version: 1.00
Added on: 2010/02/17
The Wooden Wall theme is the second theme besides the Sunset Farm theme to have the Options page. The theme’s Options page allows you to define your own RSS feed, traffic tracking code and Twitter setting (input Twitter user and hide/display Twitter icon) etc. You can also control the look of the theme by selecting or defining your own theme style.
For the details of how my Options page works, please refer to this page.
By using this theme for FREE, you agree to accept the external links.
- Free forum support at Wooden Wall forum
- User-friendly Options page
- Different design for sticky post feature
- Compatible with IE7, IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- W3C XHTML and CSS compliant
- SEO ready
- Gravatar enable
The Wooden Wall theme has a multi-level drop-down menu. This is another feature that will be added to all my future themes.
There is a featured content section below the header link. This feature is built in using the Featured Content Gallery (FCG) plugin. Please download the latest version and follow the instruction found in “Readme.txt” to do the setup.
If you do not want to show this feature, just don’t install the plugin.
Blog Title and Description
The demo is showing a special font as below:
By default, after you install the theme, the blog title and description are showing the Arial font.
You can change the font style by following this instruction:
Part 1: Modifying Font Style
- Download this PSD zip file (also include the font that I use that is available free from fonts4free.net.)
- Extract and open the PSD file in the Photoshop/ImageReady/Gimp/PaintShop program
- Change the title and description using your desired font (you are free to modify the header image if you want)
- Save the image using this name: bg_header.jpg
- Upload the image to your server in the “/styles/custom/” folder
Part 2: Activating the Style
- Login to your WP admin
- Go to the options page of the Wooden Wall theme under “Appearance -> Wooden Wall”
- Find “Theme Style” under “Layout Setting”
- In the pull-down menu, select “custom.css”
- Save the setting and go to your site to see the changes.
An ad widget can be found under the “Available Widgets” section. You can drag the widget to Sidebar 1 and/or 2. This widget allows you to add your advertisement while keeping the sidebar design. Please limit the width of your ad to 160px.
View all my themes
2010-02-17 v1.00 – Release